EETD’s energy efficiency program and market trends research includes technical, economic and policy analysis to inform public and private decision-making on public-interest issues related to utility-sector energy efficiency programs and regulation, and government-funded energy efficiency initiatives.
LBNL’s research in this area is focused on:
- Energy efficiency portfolio planning and market assessment,
- Design and implementation of a portfolio of energy efficiency programs that achieve various policy objectives
- Utility sector energy efficiency business models,
- Options for administering energy efficiency programs,
- Evaluation, measurement and verification of energy efficiency impacts and
- ESCO industry and market trends and performance.