My research interests include: clean energy conversion; convection heat transfer; electrokinetic phenomena; interfacial transport phenomena; microfluidics; and multi-scale modeling. Over the past years, my research ranges from nano-scale particle-particle interactions to large-scale energy conversion. However, my current aim is to utilize my expertise primarily in sustainable clean energy technologies for developing cost-effective energy conversion and storage systems for providing solutions to the world’s most urgent scientific challenges including global warming and climate change.
During my career, I have worked in a variety of projects including: Experimental Investigation of a Solar Water Heater; Electrostatic Interactions in Confined and Many-Body Geometries; and Transport Phenomena in PEM Fuel Cells. Apart from gathering research experiences from graduate and post-doctoral works, I have gathered a wide range of teaching and research experiences including: Lecturer at the University of Waterloo; Visiting Scholar at the National Research Council of Canada; and Lecturer at Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology.
I have authored over 19 peer-reviewed journal articles on fuel cells, electrokinetic phenomena, convection heat transfer, and computational modeling.
- Fuel Cells; Convection Heat Transfer; Electrokinetic Phenomena; Interfacial Transport Phenomena; Microfluidics; Microfabrication; Multi-Scale Modeling
- COMSOL; FLUENT; FORTRAN, C++, and MATLAB Programming
- Soft-lithography, Photo-lithography; Wet Each; Plasma Etch, Sputter Deposition
- Atomic Force Microscopy; Scanning Electron Microscopy
- Contact Angle; Sliding Angle; Adhesion Force Measurements
AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS (selected)
- NSERC Post-doctoral Fellowship, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council, Canada, 2010 – 2012.
- Teaching Assistant Excellence Award, University of Waterloo, Canada, Spring 2006, Fall 2006, Winter 2008, Spring 2008 and Spring 2009.
- Dr. Chandrashekar Memorial Award in Sustainable Energy, University of Waterloo, Canada, 2007.
- Alexander Graham Bell Canada Graduate Fellowship, Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council, Canada, 2005 – 2007.
- Dr. V.G. Desa Gold Medal, Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology, Bangladesh, 2001.
- Best Student Speaker Gold Medal, International Conference on Applied Mathematics and Mathematical Physics, Bangladesh, 2000.
- Werner von Siemens Excellence Award, Siemens Bangladesh Limited, Bangladesh, 1998.
2010, Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, University of Waterloo, Canada
2003, M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, University of Alberta, Canada
2001, M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
1998, B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology
This publications database is an ongoing project, and not all Division publications are represented here yet.