This speaker was a visiting speaker who delivered a talk or talks on the date(s) shown at the links below. This speaker is not otherwise associated with Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, unless specifically identified as a Berkeley Lab staff member.
Glen received his BS Physics from the University of Illinois and Ph.D. in Astrophysics from the University of Minnesota for experiments in Gamma Ray Astronomy. In 1972 he joined Lawrence Livermore National Lab as a Staff Scientist and for the Inertial Confinement Fusion (ICF) program and co-designed the first neutron producing laser fusion target at LLNL. In ’76 he joined Physics International where he managed research on intense pulsed x-ray source development and x-ray lasers. From ‘82-90 he was proprietor of a consulting firm that developed high mach number gas injection hardware for laboratory x-ray laser research. In ‘90 at Maxwell Laboratories, as VP of Business Development he promoted synchrotron light sources and their applications to industrial processes. When the Advanced Light Source came online at Berkeley Lab he joined as the manager of Industrial Program Development in the Technology Transfer Department to bring industry to the ALS and from 99-08 he managed joint LBNL-industry programs in the Former Soviet Union funded by the DOE. He is currently working on final steps to commercialize vertical axis wind turbines developed under one of the Russian programs. He is a past member of the Livermore Planning Commission, the Livermore City Council and a founding member of the Board of Directors of the Chabot Space and Science Center. He was also a leader in restoring the 1890 Historic Landmark First Unitarian Church of Oakland Building.