Sources and Credits
- Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy's Energy Savers
- These web pages provide information about energy efficiency and renewable energy for your home or workplace.
- DOE's Energy Information Administration (EIA)
- EIA offers official energy statistics from the U.S. Government in formats of your choice, by geography, by fuel, by sector, or by price; or by specific subject areas like process, environment, forecasts, or analysis.
- DOE's Fuel Economy Guide
- This website is an aid to consumers considering the purchase of a new vehicle.
- DOE's Office of Energy Efficiency & Renewable Energy (EERE)
- EERE's mission is to pursue a better energy future where energy is clean, abundant, reliable, and affordable; strengthening energy security and enhancing energy choices for all Americans while protecting the environment.
- U.S. DOE, Office of Science
- U.S. EPA, ENERGY STAR Program
- California Energy Commission
Environmental Energy Technologies Division
The mission of the Environmental Energy Technologies Division is to perform research and development leading to better energy technologies and the reduction of adverse energy-related environmental impacts.
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
University of California
Tel: (510) 486-4835
Fax: (510) 486-5394
LBNL/PUB-821 Vol. 11, No. 3, Winter 2013
The current and all past issues of EETD News are available on the World Wide Web.
Sign up for an "e-mail" subscription and get on our Electronic Notification list. You will receive an e-mail when a new issue is available.
Readers are free to reprint or otherwise reproduce articles at no charge, with proper attribution to the Environmental Energy Technologies Division News.
This work was supported by the U.S. Department of Energy under Contract No. DE-AC02-05CH11231.
Ernest Orlando Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory is a multiprogram national laboratory managed by the University of California for the U.S. Department of Energy. The oldest of the nine national laboratories, Berkeley Lab is located in the hills above the campus of the University of California, Berkeley.
With more than 4,000 employees, Berkeley Lab's total annual budget of nearly $600 million supports a wide range of unclassified research activities in the biological, physical, computational, materials, chemical, energy, and environmental sciences. The Laboratory's role is to serve the nation and its scientific, educational, and business communities through research performed in its unique facilities, to train future scientists and engineers, and to create productive ties to industry. As a testimony to its success, Berkeley Lab has had 11 Nobel laureates. EETD is one of 14 scientific divisions at Berkeley Lab, with a staff of 400 and a budget of $40 million.
This document was prepared as an account of work sponsored by the United States Government. While this document is believed to contain correct information, neither the United States Government nor any agency thereof nor The Regents of the University of California nor any of their employees makes any warranty, express or implied, or assumes any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information, apparatus, product, or process disclosed or represents that its use would not infringe on privately owned rights. Reference therein to any specific commercial product, process, or service by its trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the United States Government or any agency thereof or The Regents of the University of California. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the United States Government or any agency thereof or The Regents of the University of California and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.