All EETD personnel must understand how to call for emergency assistance if needed and how to safely evacuate their building. The following information should assist you in preparing for emergencies.
Emergency Contact Information:
- For life threatening events such as serious injury/illness, fire, or large chemical spill call X7911 (Lab Phone) or 911 (Cell Phone).
- For non-emergency reporting call X6999 or (510) 486-6999.
- EETD Safety Manager: Ron Scholtz (510) 495-8137 or (408) 504-5419 (Cell)
- EHS Division Liaison: Tim Roberts (510) 495-2709
Emergency Response Guide:
- Emergency Response Guides are posted in the hallways of all EETD buildings and lab areas.
- The Emergency Response Guide is also available at the EH&S Emergency Services web site.
- The Emergency Response Guide lists procedures for emergencies such as personal injury, fire, chemical spill, radiation spill, earthquake, and accident/injury reporting.
- LBNL maintains a voluntary cell phone emergency alert broadcast system. EETD employees are encouraged to register.
- For more information and registration, go to LabAlert - Emergency Broadcast Service.
Building Evacuation Information
- Building evacuation location maps are posted in all EETD building lobbies and main hallways.
- In the event that the building fire alarms activate, immediately evacuate the building.
- Evacuate the building immediately.
- Walk, do not run.
- Do not use elevators.
- Report to your assigned building assembly area.
- Do not leave the assembly area until instructed to do so.
Building Emergency Team (BET)
- EETD maintains a Building Emergency Team (BET) in Buildings 62, 70, and 90.
- Each BET is trained in first aid and Cardiopulmonary Rescue (CPR).
- The BET will assist employees when evacuating the building. They are identified with orange vests and hard hats.