EETD Safety Committee Minutes
Meeting of September 1, 1999
|Don Lucas||Division Safety Manager (DSM) (Chair)|
|Guy Kelley||Division Safety Coordinator (DSC)||X|
|Don Grether||Deputy Division Director|
|Nancy Padgett||Division Business Manager||X|
|Larry McLouth||EH&S Division Liaison|
- Handed out charter (and longer list of possible committee agenda items for this and future meetings)
- Where we need to be in terms of compliance and our grade
- Passed around OAA's colored self-assessment score sheet
- Estimate of our final grade for FY99—remaining weaknesses (not discussed)
- What we can do to show progress by Sept 30 toward correcting weak areas
- Holding special training sessions won't be very effective (as evidenced by Electrical Safety training efforts) without further senior management backing.
- Specific problem areas
- Is Salazar reinventing web-based training? Livermore has lots. Guy will check. Supervisors should get regular training reports. Senior management should set limits & maybe consequences for training. (Livermore says can't enter Lab after certain date) Nancy will draft committee recommendation for Mark & distribute to committee for approval/comments.
- SAA compliance
- Desire to have EH&S make regular pick-ups (as done at Livermore and some private industry). Guy or Rich will check again with EH&S about this.
- More senior management leverage here also. Passed around LSAD listing. Nancy will draft committee recommendation for Mark & distribute to committee for approval/ comments.
- Next Steps
- Guy, Rich, and EETD Dept Heads: Training
- Guy: SAA Compliance
- Committee: AHD
- Committee ok with this idea. Guy & Rich will work on distributing AHD review arrangements.
- Guy/ Committee: Project Safety Reviews for funded proposals (not discussed)