EETD Safety Committee Minutes
Meeting of October 4, 2002
2:00 PM, 90-3026D
Attendees ("X" indicates present):
||Division Safety Manager (DSM) (Chair)
||Division Safety Coordinator (DSC)
||Deputy Division Director
||Division Business Manager
||EH&S Division Liaison
- EETD Building 90 Office Safety Walkthroughs
- Because of lower hazards, offices are normally not inspected by the Division Safety Coordinator as rigorously or frequently as the Division's labs.
- Two people are available short term to organize and do the inspections:
- Todd Goodner (temporarily unable to use a computer), and Mary Ann Shiffman (has finished a large project).
- Integrated Safeguards and Security Management (ISSM)
- Don Lucas presented information about ISSM.
- Don is the ISSM liaison for EETD.
- Discussed the on-line ISSM survey that all Lab personnel were asked to complete by 9/27/02.
- A pocket Employee Security Guide and computer security banners have been distributed to all employees by the Lab.
- Lab pilot program for workstation ergonomic upgrade cost sharing
- As a member of the SRC Pilot Ergonomics Program Sub-committee, Don Lucas presented information about this new cost sharing proposal.
- Three divisions with the highest ergonomic injury rates will be picked for this pilot program. EETD will likely be one of them.
- The Lab will provide limited matching funds for workstation upgrades. Details will follow.
- Don L. reminded the committee that a Management Environment Safety and Health (MESH) review is likely for EETD this fiscal year
- EETD Ergonomics Action Plan update
- To assist with prioritizing who should get ergo evaluations first, can use training database to get a list of staff with "ergo evaluation recommended".
- Moving ahead with the plan to increase the number of EETD ergo evaluators. Will appoint at least one AA from each Department to get the evaluator's training. Preliminary list:
- IE: Olivia Salazar
- BT: JeShana Bishop
- EA: Diana Duhnke, Mary Ann Shiffman
- AET: Susan Lauer
- Div: Joyce Cordell, Julia Alter
- DC: Mary Jo Ibanez
- The EETD Training Policy and Flowchart have been finalized and are now on the EETD EH&S Website.